TAMH: Places to Visit
Arbroath Signal Tower Museum
Opening Hours: 1000 - 1700 Mon - Sat (open Sundays 1400 -1700 June and Julyr)
Situated in the old Arbroath Signal Tower, built in 1813 as the lighthouse keepers' house, before the Bell Rock lighthouse was automated, the museum contains much local material. Tableaux and permanent exhibitions explain much about the history of the local fishing industry, its customs, costumes and characters, and about the lighthouse.
The civic history of the town and its industries is also well covered.
Sea Fest: Ausgust 23/24 2003
Size: 277x325 (14 KB)
© Douglas MacKenzie
Click on the image above to view the full size image
Click on an image to view it in larger size